CnEVPost Newsletter: NIO brings its EVs to 4 additional European countries
NIO brings its EVs to 4 additional European countries with business model completely different from in China - CnEVPost — cnevpost.com NIO introduced three of its latest models -- the ET7, EL7 and ET5 -- to European consumers, but the model that only allows leasing rather than buying has generated a lot of discussions.
Why are NIO vehicles only for rent in four European countries? William Li explains - CnEVPost While 20 percent of European consumers still want to buy and own vehicles, NIO is still early in its operating model and wants to reach the other 80 percent first, Li said.
NIO Berlin 2022: Live updates - CnEVPost NIO is holding the NIO Berlin 2022 European product launch event, and CnEVPost will be covering the event via live text feed.
NIO president shares images from NIO Berlin 2022 as event about to begin - CnEVPost NIO showcased the EP9, Formula E, and the three production cars, ET7, ET5, and EL7, ready to arrive in Europe, in the show car area at the event.
NIO explains why ES7 renamed as EL7 in Europe - CnEVPost Considering the potentially prolonged litigation with Audi, NIO has decided to use the EL7 model name in Europe for now in order to avoid affecting the interests of customers in Europe.
NIO changes ES7 name to EL7 in Europe in last-minute move ahead of local launch - CnEVPost NIO's move appears to be a response to a previous lawsuit from Audi, as it enters the home turf of the luxury brand owned by Volkswagen.
BYD to deliver 100,000 EVs to German car rental firm SIXT over next six years - CnEVPost The partnership began with SIXT's initial order for thousands of BYD's all-electric vehicles, with first deliveries in the fourth quarter of 2022.
CALB goes public in Hong Kong, aims to be among world's top 3 battery makers - CnEVPost CALB hopes to reach the top five in the global electric vehicle battery market within a year and become one of the top three in three to five years, its chairwoman said.
Gotion to build $2.36 billion battery materials plant in Michigan - CnEVPost It's the largest economic development project ever in northern Michigan and will shore up the state's position as a global hub for mobility and electrification, said Michigan's governor.
Deutsche Bank on China EV sales: September marks a transitional month - CnEVPost "Fab 5 China EV sales came in mixed during September as product transitions and the supply chain hurt delivery volume," Edison Yu's team said.